Phone call (was Re: Armhf dynamic linker path)

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 00:32:57 UTC 2012

On 04/11/2012 05:16 PM, Michael Hope wrote:
 > 2012/4/12 Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
 >> /lib/ld-linux-armv7hl.so.3
 >
 > This includes the ABI (h), adds the endianess (l), and implies a
 > architecture level (v7).  The name for the most common configurations
 > should be as short as possible so I'd rather drop the 'l' and add a
 > 'b' or 'eb' if anyone wants a big endian distro in the future.  The
 > architecture level is a problem as the loader should also be valid on
 > ARMv5 and ARMv6 hard float builds.  Skype should be able to make a
 > hard float binary that runs on everything, including a potential ARMv6
 > hard float RaspberryPi build.

In Fedora we specifically mean VFPv3-D16 when we're talking about hard
float.  This is the lowest common denominator for us.  If you want to
support armv5hl, armv6hl, and armv7hl as all being possible (whatever
string you like to represent it) that's good to know because it's beyond
what we're contemplating.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com