Port Android Ice Cream Sandwich to Pandaboard(TI OMAP4460)

mammar mammar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:02:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am a newbie to porting and currently learning embedded systems with
interest in Android. So i thought it would be good learning if port Android
Ice Cream Sandwich to Pandaboard(TI OMAP4460).

Note: I know that Android Ice Cream Sandwich is already ported to
Pandaboard but as i am a newbie so i want to learn the things from scratch
to strengthen my skills.

https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android
I started from the above link to see how can i start porting android to a
board.

The link below gives the steps to get android source code from
https://android-build.linaro.org/. But there are lots of builds on
https://android-build.linaro.org/ and i don't know which should i get for
my pandaboard.
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/GetSource

I also followed the link below
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/PortingToNewBoard
but the git clone git://android.git.linaro.org/platform/manifests.git gives
the following error
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/ma/android/manifests/.git/

Can someone kindly guide me in the right direction so that i can download
and build the right code for my pandaboard and make further changes in the
Android ICS code for pandaboard.

Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.