add gator test to lava test plan

Tony Mansson tony.mansson at linaro.org
Thu Mar 22 12:08:09 UTC 2012

Hi.

I think an automated test for gator should:

1. Use adb to verify that the daemon gatord is running. Gatord will not
start if it is unhappy with the kernel module, so this is a confirmation of
that the stuff is at least running. just do a ps and grep for gatord.
2) (ambitious) Connect to gatord using the default port and ask e.g. about
version. There are python scripts for connecting in DS-5 CE that can be
cannibalized if ARM approves license-wise.
3) (Highest ambition) capture something. If you get data you are fine.

AFAIU it's all very Python-friendly.