Linaro QEMU 2011.06 released
peter.maydell at linaro.org
Thu Jun 16 09:16:50 UTC 2011
The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the release
of Linaro QEMU 2011.06.
Linaro QEMU 2011.06 is the latest monthly release of qemu-linaro.
Based off upstream (trunk) QEMU, it includes a number of ARM-focused
bug fixes and enhancements.
This release introduces two new features; these are still experimental
so please report any issues:
- A model of the Gumstix Overo board; this is an OMAP3 based system
similar to Beagle but with the advantage of having supported
- USB keyboard and mouse support, if your kernel includes support for
the OMAP3 OHCI controller (not just EHCI). Try adding
"-device usb-kbd -device usb-mouse" to your QEMU command line for
Beagle or Overo models.
Other interesting changes include:
- A fix for the lack of graphics output on the Beagle model when
running the Linaro 11.05 final release image
- Suppression of the "Bad register 0x000000f8" warnings provoked by
the Linaro 11.05 final release kernels
- As usual, various minor correctness fixes and other upstream changes
- The beagle and beaglexm models still do not support USB networking
- There are some gcc 4.6 warnings about "variable set but not used"
which have not yet been resolved; Ubuntu Oneiric's gcc makes these
non-fatal, but if you're building with an upstream gcc 4.6 you may
need to add the "--disable-werror" option to configure
The source tarball is available at:
Binary builds of this qemu-linaro release are being prepared and
will be available shortly for users of Ubuntu. Packages will be in
the linaro-maintainers tools ppa:
More information on Linaro QEMU is available at:
More information about the linaro-announce