[Announce] Linaro Kernel 2011.05-2.6.38 Snapshot Released
dsaxena at linaro.org
Fri May 27 20:33:08 UTC 2011
The Linaro Kernel Working Group (KWG) is excited to announce the
availability our May 2011 development snapshot: linux-linaro-11.05-2.6.38
This is the first of a new monthly series of development snapshots from
the KWG that will provide a way for developers to work with the Linaro
kernels without needing to follow the git tree on a daily basis. As the
word "snapshot" implies, these are meant as development kernels and have
not been fully validated. You should expect issues and to help us deliver
a better kernel in the future, you should file bugs in Launchpad at
The source tarball is available at:
The kernel sources can also be accessed using git at:
A pre-packaged kernel for OMAP boards is available at:
This snapshot is based on the 22.214.171.124 stable kernel with a number
of changes developed by Linaro and integrated from upstream trees
including the 2.6.39, OMAP, and Power Management trees to name a few.
The changes from 126.96.36.199 include:
* Initial Device Tree support for MX51, MX53, Overo, SMDKV310, Beagle,
IGEPv2/v3, Panda, Tegra, and Versatile boards. This support allows
memory size and board type to be passed via the Device Tree.
* The ARM kprobes code has been updated to correctly handle a number
of instructions that did not previously work and to work on kernels
w/o frame pointers.
* The coredump code has been updated so you can now analyze VFP
register state using GDB. Using this feature requires the upstream
GDB trunk tree or the Linaro snapshot available from
* CPUIDLE support for Samsung Orion has been added, allowing for
longer battery life on platforms based on this chipset.
* Experimental support for LTTng on ARM, allowing developers to perform
deep analysis of system state transitions. See http://lttng.org/ for
more information on using LTTng.
A full changelog against 188.8.131.52 is available at:
High Priority Known Issues:
* The combination of a device-tree enabled kernel and and Linaro's
2011-03 u-boot will make WiFi and HDMI unuseable on the IGEP board.
* imx51 randomly truncates serial input at 31 characters
* OMAP Beagle C4: kernel does not reliably find SD card on boot
* wl12** driver causes networking to hang on ubuntu-desktop image
* Only half of RAM useable when using Device Tree on Panda board
Mailing list: http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/linaro-dev
More information about the linaro-announce