How to involve into the linaro development
loic.minier at linaro.org
Thu Aug 26 23:34:37 BST 2010
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010, nvhariharan at gmail.com wrote:
> I am having experience in Omap, imx based linux platforms.
> How shall I involve myself into the linaro development,
> I am into this maillist and using the linaro distribution into beagle
> board, since all the participants are having linaro mail ids,
> Kindly advise me and use me as a resource for this development.
Thanks a lot for the offer! We don't have a very good list of things
that people can grab, but since you mention you have a beagleboard,
there are various things which could be done on top.
- testing our linux-linaro-2.6.35 kernel and u-boot-linaro bootloader
and reporting any missing features / bugs when compared to other
- measuring boot time of the various pieces (x-loader, u-boot, kernel,
userspace) perhaps breaking each piece open and seeing where time is
spent in the kernel init; how does NAND boot versus MMC boot compare
with your MMC?
- creating a barebox package building a beagleboard version; does it
have regression over u-boot? (perhaps some fixes which went into
u-boot are missing?)
- trying to run MeeGo on top of Linaro
- packaging linaro-media-create and other scripts into a
linaro-media-utils package or something similar
- insert your own idea here! You might be more of a toolchain person,
or a graphical applications specialist etc. etc.
(#linaro if you need some guidance/tips on the above ideas, or followup
More information about the Linaro-dev