Freescale Linux BSP review
arnd at arndb.de
Sat Dec 11 21:41:55 UTC 2010
Following a discussion we had on the Freescale BSP, I started a tree
that has the same contents as the tree on the freescale git
server, but splits them into six branches at this time, though
the number should increase.
The current split is
* master -- an octopus merge of all the other branches, identical to
381 patches total
1286 files changed, 882747 insertions(+), 2932 deletions(-)
* drv-mxc -- all drivers in the new drivers/mxc/ directory and new drivers
in drivers/char/, as these typically introduce new user ABIs
that need very careful review.
189 files changed, 97215 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
* amd-gpu -- a single but huge driver for the GPU. As is normally the
case with GPU drivers, we can expect long discussions
before it will get considered for mainline
98 files changed, 278321 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
* ath -- another single driver that is rather large, for the ath6km
wifi controller. Split out because it is not owned by freescale.
169 files changed, 94561 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
* other-subsys -- device drivers for existing subsystems. These should
be largely uncontroversial, because they don't introduce
new ABIs and the code looks clean enough for a straight-
forward inclusion through the respective subsystem
Someone still needs to go through these and split them
up by subsystem and separate new drivers from patches
to existing drivers where needed.
445 files changed, 270318 insertions(+), 959 deletions(-)
* arch -- everything in the arch/arm, directory, this will go through
review on the linux-arm-kernel mailing list.
This also needs to be split up further into smaller branches.
378 files changed, 140275 insertions(+), 1991 deletions(-)
* external -- patches that look unrelated to the rest, and are probably
backported from patches that already went upstream.
7 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
More information about the linaro-dev