Fwd: Problems with BeagleBoard installation

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Mon Nov 8 01:11:18 UTC 2010

(originally from Ira; she's having mail trouble for some reason)

Hi,

I am trying to install my new BeagleBoard xM.

I started with https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/DailyBuilds, but it
failed to write to the SD card giving some errors about QEMU (I can
try that again if the error messages are important).

Dave Martin also gave me this link
https://wiki.linaro.org/Source/ImageInstallation, but it doesn't exist
anymore.

So, I tried these instructions:
https://wiki.linaro.org/Source/VexpressImageInstallation with
http://snapshots.linaro.org/10.11-daily/linaro-headless/20101107/0/images/tar/
and
http://jameswestby.net:8080/view/Hardware%20Packs/job/linaro-omap3%20hwpack/
(and --dev beagle). The installation of the SD card went ok, but the
board doesn't work. During boot I see the printings as in the attached
file and it doesn't go any further.

I hope someone can help me with that, because otherwise I am at dead end...

Thanks,
Ira