New projects and copyright

Loïc Minier loic.minier at linaro.org
Sun Sep 5 22:54:54 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010, Michael Hope wrote:
> I'm paid by Canonical but work for Linaro.  The Copyright page says
> that new work is (C) Canonical and then the copyright 'flows' to
> Linaro.  What does this mean and how do I achieve it?  What copyright
> statement should be on the work and where?

 Sorry, I've tried hard to word this page multiple time.  New work is
 basically copyright Linaro.  Happy if you can help reword the page.

> At a different level, how do you apply the EPL to a project?  What
> text should I have in what files to record the license and copyright?
> Is there a standard way of doing this?

 Probably you want to have a copy of the EPL in a COPYING file at the
 top of your project, and headers with copyright + mention that the work
 is under the EPL and pointing at the COPYING file.

--
Loïc Minier