Changing default root filesystem to ext4

Tixy tixy at yxit.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 12:43:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 13:18 +0100, Tixy wrote:
<big snip>
> I also tested the different btrfs mount options (ssd, nossd and
> ssd_spread). They don't show much difference with the untar case.

To follow on from this... When benchmarking debboottrap, I found the
'ssd' option is three times faster than 'nossd'. I'm guessing that this
is due to fsync operations causing more rigorous flushing of data to
disk when mounted as 'nossd'.

Other usecases, like copying a big file, or untar, seem to have
comparable speed whichever mount option is used for btrfs.

I'll be writing up some more details of my findings soon.

--
Tixy