A good skia [was: Re: [RFC] Linaro Toolchain for Android and NDK]

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Tue Mar 1 02:45:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Jesse Barker <jesse.barker at linaro.org> wrote:
> FWIW, skia certainly isn't android only and, at least for the purposes of
> getting the validation side of things up and running, could be run on a
> non-android build (Jammy is likely doing something like this for his work,
> though not oriented at abrek at the moment).  Of course, I could be
> over-simplifying here ;-).

I'd like to use Skia as a toolchain benchmark but the upstream seems a
bit messy.  I'm using this export:
 http://people.linaro.org/~michaelh/skia-0~svn788.tar.xz

from http://code.google.com/p/skia/ which I then build and run using
these rules:
 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~linaro-toolchain-dev/cbuild/trunk/view/head:/lib/skiabench.mk

The code.google version seems a bit broken.  autoconf scripts are
included but they don't work.  The non-autoconf Makefile assumes Intel
with SSE2. The Android Skia seems to be a fork from some time ago and
uses build scripts that are tightly tied into the Android build
system.

What's the best version to use?  I'd like to standardise across Linaro
for benchmarking so that results can be compared across groups, or at
least so we don't get confused.

-- Michael