Running linaro-media-create on machine behind firewall

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at freescale.com
Tue Mar 8 09:19:02 UTC 2011

I'm recently trying to install alpha-3 image using l-m-c on an AMD64
machine which is behind the company firewall.  Though I have apt proxy
set on host machine, l-m-c installing system (chroot env?) does not
know it.  Can we improve the l-m-c a little bit to copy apt proxy
setting if any on host machine into installing system?  So that the
machine behind proxy can survive with l-m-c too.

PS.
Actually, I have my machine home which can directly access natty
repository, but it's very slow (see below), probably because there
is no natty mirror in China yet.

Fetched 15.0 MB in 10min 22s (24.1 kB/s)

When I use vpn to connect company network, speed of accessing ubuntu
repository can reach ~200 kB/s.  Considering that I'm testing l-m-c
back and forth, I really need a faster apt speed within l-m-c.

--
Regards,
Shawn