[REPORT] 2011-03-17 Android team weekly report
jamie.bennett at linaro.org
Fri Mar 18 15:26:26 UTC 2011
The Android team weekly report for 2011-03-17 is now available and can
be found at:
The report is also reproduced in full below.
Linaro Release Manager | Platform Project Manager
* Period: (20110310-20110316)
* PM: JamieBennett <jamie.bennett at linaro.org>
* Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Status
== Key Points for wider discussion ==
* Are there Android related requirements from the Landing and Working
Group teams for next cycle?
== Team Highlights ==
* Noritsuna demonstrated a linaro-android powered robot. A video of it
in action can be see at:
* More details on the robot can be found at:
* Most of the Android related Blueprints were triaged and split up
where necessary. A full list can be found at:
* Some benchmarking of Linaro GCC 4.5 with Android has been done with
positive results. The full results can be found at:
* The Linaro Evaluation Build of Android now fully supports the Beagle
XM platform. More work is being done for the ST-E U8500 and TI Panda
* Work on the toolchain build system based on Googles own continues.
Bug:731477 was fixed and code pushed upstream at
* The consolidation of common code is being reviewed. Jeremy Chang sent
several patches to the linaro-dev list which are now being merged.
== Upcoming Deliverables ==
== Risks / Issues ==
* '''HIGH IMPACT''': The recent earthquake and Tsunami in Japan has
meant that work has stalled for some of the engineers. All are reported
to be OK but KJ-nabe & An were worst affected as their company premises
were badly hit. They may not be back for a couple of months (1 week).
* '''HIGH IMPACT''': Currently the Linaro Android efforts are based on
2.6.37 but with Linaro moving to 2.6.38 and the upstream Android 2.6.38
kernel being available some rebasing efforts will be needed. John
Stultz, Patrik Ryd and others need to discuss how this can be done in
the smoothest way (4 weeks). Some amount of effort will be needed but
that effort is unclear at this point. Will lower level after initial
investigations if necessary. Investigations have started.
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': Contribution agreements with Google for AOSP
development still waiting to be approved for Alexander Sack and Patrik
Ryd (2 weeks).
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': Patrik’s Panda board is lost in the postal
system atm. Sent by Mounir from IBM, Patrik is chasing tracking numbers
== Miscellaneous ==
* Wiki pages of note this week:
More information about the linaro-dev