[REPORT] 2011-03-17 Infrastructure team weekly report
jamie.bennett at linaro.org
Fri Mar 18 15:45:09 UTC 2011
The Infrastructure team weekly report for 2011-03-17 is now available
and can be found at:
The report is also reproduced in full below.
Linaro Release Manager | Platform Project Manager
* Period: (20110310-20110316)
* PM: JamieBennett <jamie.bennett at linaro.org>
* Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Status
* Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org/linaro-infrastructure.html
* Stakeholder process: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/CurrentProjects
== Key Points for wider discussion ==
* A blog aggregator instance has been setup at planet.linaro.org,
please take a look.
* https://android-build.linaro.org/ is now feature complete and can be
used by the Android team for requesting builds.
== Team Highlights ==
* Initial investigations into how the Infrastructure team could help on
the Validation LAVA scheduler have happened. No decision has been made to
commit resources to this project at this time.
* Work continues on svammel as fixes and functionality go into the
branch. Some reviews and feedback have been given by the Developer
* The continuous integration work saw its first deployment on EC2 as
Jenkins was installed and configured. More work is needed before this is
* Work on http://status.linaro.org is ramping down with a couple of
fixes being worked on this week.
== Upcoming Deliverables ==
* linaro-image-tools will be getting a release soon (likely before the
monthly release date to ease the process of getting it in to Ubuntu)
* Final patch metrics for the next member report.
== Risks / Issues ==
* '''VERY HIGH IMPACT''': Mattias unable to work productively due to IT
restrictions in ST-E (6 weeks): some progress. Has process now to
request changes, but little response to his requests in more than 4
weeks. Mattias is working from home or over 3G in the meantime.
* '''HIGH IMPACT''': PatchTracking requires deploying Patchwork (5
weeks): Discussion with IS, and it is not expected to take them long to
do once they get to it. They have indicated that they may be able to
start at the end of this week, or in the week after.
* '''HIGH IMPACT''': Gerrit instance needed for Android (5 weeks):
Co-ordination with IS has started. Waiting to hear from them if we can
get it this month, and what we need to do to help with that.
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': Deepti lacking hardware to work with her Panda
board: Deepti has received the Panda board, but doesn't have a
USB->serial cable for it, so is still unable to use it for much. Working
on tasks that don't require it, but unable to participate in image
testing. (many weeks).
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': OurOwnOffspring is still being setup (many
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': Want a Jenkins/Hudson instance for Continuous
Integration purposes (many weeks): Discussions with IS, and they will
provide one, but timeframe is unclear at this point. Will host ourselves
until IS can provide. Work on an ec2 instance for this has started, and
should be completed soon.
* '''MEDIUM IMPACT''': Deepti and Avik are sharing one Panda board
meaning some hardware specific work is being blocked (2 weeks).
== Miscellaneous ==
* Guilherme at PyCon 10-15 March
* James away 21st March
More information about the linaro-dev