[CALL FOR TESTING] Linaro 11.10 pre-release Oneiric based images
david.zinman at linaro.org
Tue Oct 18 23:50:02 UTC 2011
In preparation for the release of Linaro 11.10 images on 2011-10-27, our Linaro
Ubuntu platform has been updated. It is now based on Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric).
This call for testing is focused on the Oneiric based images.
All primary development boards supported by Linaro Landing Teams have an
Android staging image submitted and an Ubuntu LEB hwpack submitted.
Note: Due to the early stage of the enablement, some images might not work.
Note: Your feedback to this call for testing will provide the main source of
data used by the Release Team to determine the user experience and hence is
essential to this process.
Linaro Evaluation Build (LEB)
Please help our initiative by testing this month Linaro Evaluation Build (LEB)
candidates for Android and Ubuntu:
Android testing form: http://bit.ly/ojfwiC
Ubuntu testing form: http://bit.ly/oVBcE9
* i.MX53 Quick Start:
Ubuntu: http://bit.ly/oEIrBF and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
Ubuntu: http://bit.ly/ojnEiI and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
Ubuntu: http://bit.ly/rbmUIg and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
Ubuntu: http://bit.ly/qT0Apd and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
Developers and Community Build
On top of our officially supported Linaro Evaluation Build candidate images
from above, the Linaro Platform Team is proud to also provide additional images
and additional board support bits that were prepared by Linaro developers and
community for a more specific target audience.
Note that the Developers and Community bits are provided on a best-effort basis
and in the hope that they can be useful. We release last reported known to be
If you want to try our LEB on one of the board support packs maintained by our
community, please help and test by following the download and
included in the questionaire linked from above and your board hardware pack:
* BeagleBoard: http://bit.ly/noPYwo and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* BeagleBoard-xM: http://bit.ly/noPYwo and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* EFIKA MX: http://bit.ly/qgyrOa and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* IGEPv2: http://bit.ly/oEPPkX and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* i.MX51 Babbage:http://bit.ly/qERcoq and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* Overo: http://bit.ly/nbUGyO and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
* PandaBoard: http://bit.ly/ppFCPM and http://bit.ly/ruTqHm
Note: Wonder what to download? Instructions are documented as part of the
feedback form reachable through the URLs above.
Ubuntu installation Instructions:
Android installation Instructions:
* Versatile Express doesn't have Oneiric hardware pack yet.
* linaro-image-tools >= 2011.09+bzr447 is required.
* ARM SMP scheduler performance bug (Ubuntu/PandaBoard)
* Snowball USB not working (Android/Ubuntu/Snowball)
* fails to mount system and user partition interminttently (Android/Snowball)
* Combined V2/V3 Snowball hwpack (20110905) fails with l-m-c (Ubuntu/Snowball)
* GLK3.0 allows processes to overwrite page frame data (Ubuntu/Snowball)
You can find the complete list of known issues for the 11.10 release at:
When filling new bugs, please check if it's not yet reported. You can use:
Linaro Release Manager | Project Manager
Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
More information about the linaro-dev