11.07 oprofile on panda busted?

Turgis, Frederic f-turgis at ti.com
Thu Sep 15 18:02:15 UTC 2011

> Once the interrupt issue is resolved I might suggest sampling cpu-cycles as a workaround to real-time sampling granularity, except that there apparently
> is an issue with reliably getting interrupts from the PMU.  Does anyone know if this is still a problem in the A9 (I've only seen it discussed regarding
> the A8)?  If it's still an issue I think it simply kills using PMU event counters with oprofile.

We just had an intern who experienced the same on A9, it required minimum 3 counters counting same event to get at least 1 interrupt on counter overflow :-( I put in the loop Cyril, who was mentoring him, to confirm but it is probably still in A9 errata list.

Regards
Fred

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920