qemu & hardware gfx acceleration

John Stultz johnstul at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 9 19:13:36 UTC 2012

So the Google Android team just posted this:
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/hsDu/~3/OCt1AQzfyWI/faster-emulator-with-better-hardware.html

Which shows their device emulator running w/ hardware acceleration.
Since I know they started with qemu, I was curious if there was any
details as to if these sorts of changes were making it back upstream to
qemu, or if qemu had its own plans for hardware acceleration?

Unfortunately there's little technical details in the post above.  The
video is clearly running on OS X, so I'm not sure if this will also be
usable w/ Linux hosts, but I could be wrong there.

thanks
-john