[Activity] Toolchain WG Weekly Status report for week ending 2012-02-03
mounir.bsaibes at linaro.org
Fri Feb 3 15:02:20 UTC 2012
Enclosed please find the link to the Weekly Status report & meeting
for the Toolchain working group for the week ending 2012-02-03
== Weekly Status Report ==
== Meeting Minutes ==
== Weekly Activity report ==
== Summary ==
(For details, see the Weekly Status Report, Meeting Minutes and Weekly
* Roadmap / Connect
* Completed End of quarter 2011Q4 reports
* Set the sessions for Connect
* Plan for 2012Q1 https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHope/Sandbox/Q1.12Plans
* Submitted work on 64-bit shift in core registers patches upstream,
* Reviewed a patch from T. R. of Nokia who provided a bugfix in case
unwind instructions are popping VFP registers
* Changed Qt build to respect the optimization flags
* Wrote a script around QEMU to measure the memory footprint using named
pipes to communicate with the serial console of the guest
* Committed follow-on patch to fix cosmetic issues resulting from the
remote "info proc" patch set.
* Created 4.6 backport branch including subreg forward- propagation
the modes-tieable patch, and the combine.c regression fix, and
for correctness and performance.
* Investigated Ramana's vld1 patches, and a problem with excessive vmov's
in the PR 51819 test case pointed out by Ramana.
* Wrote patches for the A15 Fast Models boot-wrapper that allow you
to pass the kernel/initrd/kernel command line via a parameter to
the model rather than having to hard code them into an ELF file
along with the boot-wrapper.
* target-arm/arm-devs queues pushed upstream [Calxeda Highbank model is
now in upstream QEMU]
* Sorted out a Debian fs to use for KVM guest : this is needed because
the kernel module doesn't do Thumb or VFP yet.
* Wrote wiki pages on how to reproduce the KVM prototype
* Upstream patch review, many complicated things landing
* Reviewed KVM ARM patches from Christoffer
* Continued benchmarking gcc-4.7 against gcc-linaro-4.6-2012.01 and
gcc-4.6 with -o2 and -o3 variants, both with neon enabled.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the linaro-dev