[ACTIVITY] (Dave Martin) 2011-08-01 - 2011-08-12
dave.martin at linaro.org
Fri Aug 12 17:18:29 UTC 2011
== Dave Martin <dmart> ==
=== Activity Summary ===
* Linaro Connect and ARM Partner Meeting consumed much of the last two weeks
* Main output from Linaro Connect was some progress on vexpress
device tree support (with much help from Lorenzo Pieralisi and Grant
Likely). I have a kernel _building_ now, but I still need to test it,
and write the Makefile rules properly.
* Alignment fault fixup mode patches now merged by Russell for the
3.2 window. If these are included in linux-linaro we will be able to
find and resolve outstanding problems by booting with e.g. alignment=5
on the kernel command-line.
* Posted patches to fix multiplatform kernels for Thumb-2 userspace.
This issue can affect any single kernel image which contains both v6
and v7 support, when running Thumb-2 userspace containing VFP
instructions (i.e., Linaro filesystems fail with a torrent of
SIGILLs). Some rework is needed, but no major objections received so
* Posted a suggestion on the binutils list about a more generic way
to save/restore the assembler state during assembly. Some positive
feedback received; I will draft a more detailed proposal for review.
For now it's just an RFC, and I haven't committed to spending real
time on it.
=== Plans ===
* Test new vexpress devicetree patches, rework and post.
* Rework and repost multiplatform Thumb-2 undef handling patches.
* Write up brief advice for Thumb-2 kernel migration.
* Write up detailed proposal for assembler state save/restore.
* Check whether the new kernel trees work in Thumb-2 on mx51evk and
follow up with Freescale landing team.
* Suggest we disable aligment fixups for linaro images, since
gtk-sharp2 is now the only thing known to be affected, once my
alignment fixup patchas have been posted for review.
=== Work Items ===
no status change
=== Absences ===
probable absence of ~3 days around the start of September
More information about the linaro-kernel