[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2011-11-26 - 2011-12-02
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Dec 2 12:38:37 UTC 2011
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Sent out v5 of the pin config patch series after some further
discussion: as usual nVidia provide the most challenging
* Discussed pinmux maps proliferation with Arnd Bergmann
and Haojian Zhuang (PXA pinmux maintainer) and came up
with patches to address the issue of being able to tag
pinmux maps as __initdata so they are discarded after boot.
We also added the possibility to incrementally add several
sets of pinmux mappings, doing away with the "once and
for all" approach to registering maps.
* Discussed DT mappings to pin controllers with Stephen
Warren and Tony Lindgren. No consensus reached.
* Ux500 mainlining since too little is happening:
- AB8500 RTC patches iterated with Andrew Morton and
accepted into his tree.
- Fixed up patches for some movearound in the abx500
include headers directory.
- Clean-up and forward-ported AB5500 high voltage
- The two latter will be sent off ASAP, just awaiting some
optional internal feedback.
* Read and commented on a few patches on various mailing
lists to keep uptodate.
=== Plans ===
* Drive generalization of Nomadik GPIO
by using the pinctrl framework.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
like the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* Risk of pin controller subimplementations being delayed due
to the time it takes to reach consensus. Would be good if
the people who really need the pin config stuff got involved
with the discussion and start ACK:ing patches when they
like them, and tell me what I'm doing wrong and if they agree
with the critics. Active participation in discussions would be
appreciated. NOTE: I'm worthless in soft motivational-aspects
of leadership (get people to actively do stuff). The only person
I can motivate to discuss pin control is myself...
More information about the linaro-kernel