[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2011-12-10 - 2011-12-16
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sat Dec 17 00:23:31 UTC 2011
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Located and fixed a nasty ux500 iotable bug reported by
Daniel Lezcano (PM) on linux-next:
* Located a clock drift problem on ux500 found by
Daniel Lezcano (PM) as well. Thinking about a patch...
* Various pinctrl patches being applied and discussed among them
dummy pinmuxes akin to dummy regulators, we need to
see if this is a good idea or not.
* Blueprints and stuff updates with assitance from Mounir
(thanks!) we're using pinctrl as some test
case for the process, which is both fun and painful.
* Reviewed Samsung and Freescale and PXA pinctrl
(mainly mux) implementations, it actually looks like these
drivers will be mainly a smooth ride.
* Discussed DT mappings to pin controllers again, now
Dong Aisheng is taking it a step further since he has a
clear idea on how this should work and will write and
document pinctrl bindings for Freescale, patches already
exist for iMX.6 this is looking real good.
* Ux500 mainlining since too little is happening:
- core ASIC patches and dropping prototype silicon patches
- Helping our ALSA SoC authors to get started to get their
stuff upstream, some problem with the usual - clocks,
regulators, DMA, but it's looking OK.
* Helped Sjur Brændeland to get M7400 XSHM patches
into linux-next and will help him to establish a
=== Plans ===
* Vacation 2011-12-19 thru 2012-01-06
Expect next report at the end of my first working week
* Drive generalization of Nomadik GPIO
by using the pinctrl framework.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- the HWMON stuff.
- DB8500 PRCMU updates
=== Issues ===
* Snowball/Igloo may need help with a USB issue, but
I won't be in any capacity to help them :-(
More information about the linaro-kernel