[ACTIVITY] (Dave Martin) 2011-02-21 - 2011-02-25
dave.martin at linaro.org
Mon Feb 28 10:44:05 UTC 2011
== Dave Martin <dmart> ==
=== Activity ===
==== hardware-n-kernel-standard-architecture ====
* Upstream link-time discard versus SMP_ON_UP problem has now
been fixed by a patch merged by Russell upstream.
* Still waiting for acks/tested-bys on omap3/4 Thumb-2
compatiblity patches. Will re-prompt people this week.
* Tried building the linaro kernel for iMX51. The resulting
kernel seems to work OK on mx51evk; also booted the same
kernel to a prompt on a Genesi efikamx (though without the
hardware-specific drivers etc.)
* Suggested to jcrigby to start building the linaro kernel in
Thumb-2 for OMAP, but he encountered a problem with module
loading. The issue may be a tools bug
* An external developer expressed interest in porting kprobes
to Thumb-2. Waiting for him to confirm whether to go ahead
==== miscellaneous ====
* Attended the Emdebian sprint in ARM Cambridge. Mostly I
wasn't directly involved, but it was a good opportunity to
meet Debian community guys.
* Konstantinos Margaritis expressed interest in getting a
Thumb-2 kernel on the Genesi platforms.
=== Plans ===
* Discuss prioritisation for outstanding kernel tasks.
* Write up the output from the Freescale i.MX BSP review
discussion, and post for comment.
=== Issues ===
=== Absences ===
* Possible absence of a couple of days in early March
(unconfirmed, possibly around the weekend of the 12th).
More information about the linaro-kernel