[ACTIVITY] week 26 2011 (2011-06-27 - 2011-07-01)
dave.martin at linaro.org
Tue Jul 5 10:57:26 UTC 2011
== Dave Martin <dmart> ==
=== General Activity ===
* Some kernel patch work:
* CPU info declaration macros -- No dissent upstream.
These patches are now sitting in Will Deacon's tree
waiting for him to send a pull request to Russell.
* Will Deacon's Generic MMU off code -- helped fix an off-
by-one type bug which was preventing the temporary
stack's identity mapping from being installed properly.
* More activity on minor bugs in gas:
* http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12931 (ARM:
gas fails to set the proper alignment on code sections,
causing broken output)
This is the issue which is contributing to the WebM codec
failures in Firefox on ARM.
Simple workaround proposed and merged upstream.
* http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12848 (ARM:
Thumb-2: Range check on b.w is off by a factor of 2)
This issue is actually affecting virtually all branches in
Thumb, including BL.
Tidy-up/fix proposed upstream.
=== linaro-kernel-o-standard-arch ===
* Started an experimental merge of Catalin Marinas' LPAE (ARM
Large Physical Address Extension) patches with linux-
I now have a booting kernel on the ARM VExpress-CA15x4 model
making use of physical memory beyond 4GB, but still having
problems with SMP (probably a separate issue from LPAE / A15
=== Plans ===
* Check whether the new kernel trees work in Thumb-2 on mx51evk
and follow up with Freescale landing team.
* Try merging the basic A15 / VExpress new memory map support
from the AEL tree with linux-linaro-2.6.39 (i.e., no LPAE sup-
port). These are likely to merge upstream sooner than LPAE,
and may make sense in the linaro tree.
* Follow up on Cortex-A15 FPGA platform availability.
* Suggest we disable aligment fixups for linaro images, since
gtk-sharp2 is now the only thing known to be affected.
More information about the linaro-kernel