[ACTIVITY] (Shawn Guo) 2011-07-11 - 2011-07-15
shawn.guo at freescale.com
Mon Jul 18 17:11:52 UTC 2011
=== Device Tree ===
* Tested audio on imx51 babbage board with a full dt kernel, which
means I got i2c, sgtl5000 codec, mc13892 regulator, ssi and sdma
working on device tree. But due to some unresolved dependency and
open issues, only i2c and sdma dt support patches were sent out for
review. With a v2 on sdma, there is no more comments. Suppose they
are in the good shape for v3.1.
* Sent a small patch to enable dt for imx2_wdt driver.
* Sent a couple of patches to add device tree support for gpio_keys.
* I'm optimistic to expect the dt support for serial, fec, esdhc,
gpio, spi, i2c, sdma, imx2_wdt and gpio_keys will be on mainline
when v3.1 merge window closes. Plus that gpio_leds already gets
dt support, all four imx53 boards, mx53_ard, mx53_evk, mx53_loco,
and mx53_smd should be killed by imx53-dt soon. So that we can
stop people adding new mx53 boards files and pull them into the
=== Plan ===
* Start looking at Grant's suggestion about directly encoding iomux
register, and try to sell it to Sascha.
* Add imx53-dt to kill mx53_ard, mx53_evk, mx53_loco and mx53_smd.
More information about the linaro-kernel