[ACTIVITY] (John Stultz) July 18-21st
johnstul at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 22 01:04:35 UTC 2011
Reporting early, as I'm out tomorrow on vacation.
=== Highlights ===
* Revised Android ashmem patch to fix checkpatch issues & submitted
those fixes back to the original patch author (robert love).
* Submitted the ashmem patch to lkml for review and discussion. While
the patch was not well received, the discussion did propose alternative
approaches to doing the same thing that would be better integrated with
* Submitted my Android alarm timer rework patches to AOSP for review.
Still not seeing the license grant as resolved, but AOSP would let me
submit anyway, so I went ahead and did that to unblock things.
* Continued discussions about kernel workflow and planning for Linaro
* Diagnosed an issue with ADB on Panda found by Zach (bug #807230), and
worked out a patch that seems to resolve it. Submitted the patch to lkml
and maintainers for comment.
* Submitted a small fix for 3.1 compile issue with one of my patches
that was found in -tip
* Tried to merge the Linaro-3.0 kernel into the Android-3.0 branch and
hit omapfb related boot issues on panda. Reported the issue to
* Worked on chasing down what seems to be a strange circular spinlock
deadlock related to the RTC changes.
=== Plans ===
* Prep for Linaro Connect & get a
* Continue digging on RTC circular spinlock deadlock.
* Work to resolve the ADB issue and get a patch included for 11.07
* Need to resolve omapfb issue keeping Linaro+Android tree from
including the Linaro-3.0 branch.
* Make Android+Linaro 11.07 final kernel.
* Rework cyc2ns patches related to long uptime sched_clock issues.
=== Issues ===
* Still no resolution on AOSP group item. Pinged Patrik to try again.
* Linaro Connect Hotel still hasn't gotten back to me with alternative
* Need more time!
More information about the linaro-kernel