[ACTIVITY] (Dave Martin) week 24 2011 (2011-06-13 - 2011-06-17)
dave.martin at linaro.org
Mon Jun 20 11:50:52 UTC 2011
== Dave Martin <dmart> ==
=== General Activity ===
* Some kernel patch work:
* CPU info declaration macros -- A conclusion seems to have
been reached on the form these should take. Some
implementation work done; still need to finish, test and
This should permit a fair number of lines to be removed
from arch/arm/mm, without any functionality impact.
* Will Deacon's Generic MMU off code -- helped fix an off-
by-one type bug which was preventing the temporary
stack's identity mapping from being installed properly.
* More activity on minor bugs in gas:
* http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12854 (ARM:
Nonsensical argument shift specifications accepted for
* Tracking down some userspace alignment faults:
* gtk-sharp2 -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk-
* firefox --
reported and fixed by other people upstream; fixed in 5.0 /
* Started a mail thread about whether we should be more
aggressive in getting alignment faults fixed, particularly
=== linaro-kernel-o-standard-arch ===
* Testing of the linux-linaro-2.6.39 and linux-linaro-oneiric
trees with Thumb-2:
* Pinged John Rigby again -- he's agreed to try turning on
Thumb-2 for the vexpress packaged kernel.
* mx51evk status still to be determined
* Did some investigation into what mx51evk is using FIQ for.
Some compatibility issues for Thumb-2: still need to follow up
with the the imx guys.
=== Plans ===
* Check whether the new kernel trees work in Thumb-2 on mx51evk
and follow up with Freescale landing team.
* Follow up on Cortex-A15 model/platform availability.
More information about the linaro-kernel