[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-04-14 - 2012-04-20
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Apr 20 07:21:25 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Brought pending ux500 GPIO and pinctrl fixes forward. I have
a patch set with all internal changes from ST-Ericsson that
will be mailed off today. This is a prerequisite for the ux500
* Sent pull request for ux500 fixes for the -rc series to ARM SoC,
Olof @lixom has pulled it in.
* Reviewed a patch-storm from Lee Jones. Keeps me on the
move that guy :-)
* Finalized NO_IRQ removal issues and irq_domain migration for
the FPGA IRQ controller in the ARM Integrator and Versatile.
Patch is in Russell's patch tracker.
* Wrote four patches to the PL190 VIC due to bugs found during
the FPGA IRQ conversion. One makes the VIC respect the mask
of valid interrupt sources, one uses the map iterator, one bumps
the U300 IRQ list and one bumps the Nomadik IRQ list, both to
avoid using IRQ 0 which is now "NO_IRQ".
* Discussing power domain issues. Now on the I2C controller in
ux500. It looks like the maintainers want a centralized approach
to power domains, not distributed.
* Proposed patches to delete support for the obsolete DB5500
ASIC. Need to be rebased to a patch from MFD before it can
be pulled into ARM SoC.
* Booked hotel for Linaro Connect 2012.2
=== Plans ===
* Send pinctrl fixes to Torvalds.
* Review incoming pinctrl patches.
* Convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl
for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks
- the HWMON stuff.
* Presentation for a dept. here about the platform perimeter
from the ESC two weeks ago. Seems useful for getting some
news in v3.4+. Today actually!
=== Issues ===
* Too much internal fuzz and advisory for different internal
projects have been a bit stressful, so I dropped off IRC for
that reason. The people visiting me in person are distracting
enough as it is. I will currently only use IRC when working from
home. This is one of the few environmental actions I can take
to get some focus from time to time.
More information about the linaro-kernel