[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-04-21 - 2012-04-27
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Apr 27 09:40:19 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* pinctrl fixes sent and pulled by Torvalds.
* Reviewed and applied a bunch of pinctrl patches from Stephen,
Dong, and a newcomer: John Crispin from OpenWRT. We have
good traction in this subsystem.
* Sent pull requests for ux500-core, ux500-devicetree and
ux500-gpio-pins to bring the machine up to date with the recent
patches. Not yet pulled into ARM SoC
* Brought ux500 pinctrl forward, trying to find a smooth transition
from the existing codebase to a pinctrl-based approach. This is
taking some time since it requires quite a bit of upfront code.
* Reviewing device tree from Lee Jones.
* Russell accepted PL190 VIC cleanups and applied them.
* Discussing power domain issues. Andrea and our internal
power management team as well as Vincent Guittot from Linaro
PM are all involved. We might need to propose modifications to
* Ran the ESC platform perimeter presentation twice internally
discussing and presenting new features in kernels 3.0 thru 3.4+
roughly. It appears to have been appreciated.
=== Plans ===
* Review incoming pinctrl patches.
* Convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl
for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks (looks like a new assignee might look into this)
- the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* Reviewing-and applying pinctrl and ux500 patches cuts
into ux500 pin control development and disturbs focus.
More information about the linaro-kernel