[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-01-28 - 2012-02-03
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Feb 3 22:36:15 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Pushed pin control fixes for -rc1 and Torvalds pulled
* I have a branch for the nVidia Tegra pin control.
* Discussing pin control, pinmux ...
* Upstreaming the PL022 SPI driver, Mark Brown
suggested we move messages queues to the SPI
core. It was easy to to so I hacked a v1 and then
a v2 based on Grant's suggestions.
* Preparing a conference presentation on pin control
for the Embedded Linux Conference. This will be
used as a basis for public explanation and transparency
into the subject as well.
=== Plans ===
* Linaro Connect, Android Builders and ELC.
* Send patches upstream for -rc2.
* dummy pinmuxes akin to dummy regulators, we need
to see if this is a good idea or not.
* Drive generalization of Nomadik GPIO
by using the pinctrl framework.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks
- the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* At first I merged the Tegra pin control into my for-next
branch, then had second thoughts and removed it
because the size scares me. The author thinks I'm lame
and claims to lose interest in pin control. Wrote back
in private that I feel bad about this.
* Ux500 mainlining having second priority.
More information about the linaro-kernel