[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2011-12-17 - 2012-01-13
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Jan 13 15:10:38 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Torvalds accepted and pulled in the 31 patches that were
accumulated for pin control last kernel cycle.
* Bug fixes for various ux500 Daniel Lezcano (PM) on
linux-next were applied by Russell and pulled into the
mainline tree with the other ARM patches.
* Fixed a build bug in SA1100 caused by the new dynamic
clksrc stuff. (Found in kisskb.)
* Updating Blueprints and such administrativa.
* Merged the PXA pin control (muxing only) driver by
Haoijan, it's a real nice driver and good example for
* Ux500 mainlining since too little is happening:
- Prepared a set of PRCMU update patches.
- Helping our ALSA SoC authors to get started to get their
* Signed GPG keys for Sjur Brændeland and
Henrik Rydberg (the input/touch maintainer).
=== Plans ===
* New pin config table patch due ASAP. I am working on this.
There is a per-pin and per-group configuration call but this
does not suffice: developers want tables of configurations
to be handled by the pin controller core as well.
* Various pinctrl patches being applied and discussed among them
dummy pinmuxes akin to dummy regulators, we need to
see if this is a good idea or not.
* Prepare conference presentations for Android builders and
Embedded Linux Conference.
* Drive generalization of Nomadik GPIO
by using the pinctrl framework.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks
- the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* Nobody is mainlining Ux500, and being a subarch
maintainer I feel bad about not being able to do much about
it due to time shortage. This is creating problems for others
since core functionality is missing which makes other
subsystems suffer and other stuff cannot be mainlined. :-(
More information about the linaro-kernel