[ACTIVITY] (Shawn Guo) Week of Jan 9
shawn.guo at linaro.org
Mon Jan 16 16:16:42 UTC 2012
=== Device Tree ===
* Start looking at the DT support for imx audio driver. The first
step would be consolidating SSI driver between PowerPC family and
i.MX family. Since the hardware IP is basically the same one for
PowerPC and i.MX, it does not make sense to Tabi Timur (PowerPC
SSI developer from Freescale) that we keep forking the driver for
these two architecture, so he NAK-ed the patch adding DT probe
support into i.MX SSI driver. Instead, he requested to make the
PowerPC one work for i.MX, since the DT support is already there.
But that is a much bigger effort than simply adding DT probe based
on imx SSI driver, and will need to take some time.
* After an extensive discussion with Stephen Warren and Aisheng on
pinctrl DT binding, we are approaching some level of agreement.
Stephen came up a draft proposal based on the discussion, which
should work at least for imx and tegra.
=== imx6 maintenance ===
* Tested BSYM usage fixing series from Rob Herring on imx6q
* Tested smp_twd runtime registration series from Marc Zyngier on imx6q
* Reviewed the second version of audio board level changes and imx-dma
driver fix-up series from Richard Zhao
* Sent a patch to add missing twd_clk for imx6q clock, and I queued
this one for 3.3-rc series.
=== mxs maintenance ===
* Reviewed a apx4devkit saif board level fixing from Lauri Hintsala
* Helped on a couple mx28 fec clock queries
=== Misc ===
* Sent v2 of patch common/image.c to align usage of fdt_high with
initrd_high to update fdt_high documentation and fix an issue with
=== Vacation ===
* 2 weeks (Jan 23 and Jan 30) China Spring Festival Holiday (Will
try to check email from time to time though)
More information about the linaro-kernel