[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2011-01-14 - 2012-01-20
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Jan 20 16:09:00 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Posted a second iteration of the pin states patch,
which tied configuration to the driver, so the driver
would declare a number of configration states to
be activated by name. I start to think this approach
may be bad, so:
* Prepared a second alternative to pin configuration,
instead of driver-declared states, we provide a set
of named states in the platform data, maybe we will
tie this into the device as well so devices can request
pin states. Need to read feedback and iterate this
* Rebasing my development trees to v3.3-rc1
* Reviewed different patches here and there. Sent
some sporadic U300 and Integrator patches.
* Helped our ALSA SoC guy play audio on the
mainline kernel - it works! So now patches for
the AB8500 ALSA SoC driver are in the works.
=== Plans ===
* Harvest and send patches upstream for -rc1 which is
usually pretty busy. pinctrl and ux500 alike.
* dummy pinmuxes akin to dummy regulators, we need
to see if this is a good idea or not.
* Prepare conference presentation for the
Embedded Linux Conference.
* Drive generalization of Nomadik GPIO
by using the pinctrl framework.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks
- the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* Ux500 mainlining having second priority.
More information about the linaro-kernel