[ACTIVITY] (John Stultz) Jan 16-20
john.stultz at linaro.org
Sat Jan 21 01:14:24 UTC 2012
=== Highlights ===
* Input evdev timestamp patch was merged in maintainer's tree and queued
* merge_config.sh script that handles config fragments was merged into
* Got my Linaro Connect flight/hotel booked.
* Spent most of the time working on range-tree implementation for the
fadvise volatile code. Managed to get insert/delete/lookup working &
also added splay-tree style self-balancing. Think I've knocked out the
obvious bugs, so now just have lots of testing to do. Also pinged akpm
on his thoughts, but didn't get much insight there, other then he wants
to be able to use it for posix file locking. Not 100% sure it will easy
to generically abstract it out.
* Ran email meeting for android kernel subteam
* Synced w/ Deepak
* Very brief review of Dmitry Antipov's usleep_range patch.
=== Plans ===
* Likely more IBM internal assistance on customer issue
* More testing of range-tree implementatoin in userland
* Integration of range-tree idea into kernel space and fadvise work
* Review posix file locking code and determine if range-trees can be
* Maybe send out alarmtimer work for staging? This has been on my plans
for way too long!
=== Issues ===
* I've been requested to help with an internal customer issue. This has
taken a little bit of time this week, but will likely spill into the
weekend and next week as well.
More information about the linaro-kernel