[ACTIVITY] (Linus Walleij) 2012-03-10 - 2012-03-18
linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sun Mar 18 22:29:44 UTC 2012
== Linus Walleij linusw ==
=== Highlights ===
* Grant merged the SPI message queue core patch,
also Mark Browns patch moving the Samsung SPI
driver to use this central message queue.
* Discussed dmaengine. This is pretty important, it looks
like someone needs to step up and look into the
channel mapping problem which is a pretty big
piece of work.
* Pushed out an interesting core driver patch that was
harvested from Rabin inside ST-Ericsson.
* Pushed out a new set of three MFD patches for
AB8500 trying to keep things in sync.
* Reviewed and ACK:ed a set of 7 device tree patches
for ux500 by Lee Jones, now probably merged by
* Reviewed and ACK:ed the v7 clk patches from Mike
* Volunteered for the MMCI driver maintenanceship.
Russell will keep it for now even though it's marked
"orphaned" in MAINTAINERS.
* Discussed a bit around ALSA SoC AB8500 codec
implementation driven by Ola LILJA from ST-Ericsson.
* Discussed some LED patches from Bryan Wu.
=== Plans ===
* Get ready to issue pull request for pinctrl this
coming merge window.
* Prepare to convert ux500 (gpio-nomadik) to pinctrl
for the kernel 3.5 timeframe.
* Attending the Embedded Systems Conference in
San Jose 27th thru 30th of march.
* Tentative easter vacation first week april.
* Test the U9540 core patches on real hardware and
rework as outlined by Arnd.
* Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research
PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using
pl08x DMA on that platform.
* Look into other Ux500 stuff in need of mainlining...
- Ux500 clocks
- the HWMON stuff.
=== Issues ===
* We really need someone to look at dmaengine for
More information about the linaro-kernel