[ACTIVITY] (John Stultz) Apr 30 - May 4
john.stultz at linaro.org
Sat May 5 00:49:09 UTC 2012
=== Highlights ===
* Got further feedback from DaveC on the volatile ranges work. I need
to rework the patch significantly to use the falloc interface instead of
fadvise in order to allow the functionality to be more generic and
implementable on a per-filesystem basis (as there are lots of fs
specific tricks that can be used). Despite his insistence that I rework
it, he did say that he was interested in seeing the functionality added,
since he has some ideas for how it can be used w/ xfs. Started the
process of figuring out how to refactor the code to be per-fs, ideally
without rewriting most of it.
* Further review and quite a bit of discussion around community
CLOCK_TAI groundwork and improved leapsecond processing. Also got into
a big discussion with a researcher on UTC-SLS (smoothed leap second)
which allows applications to avoid the nasty leapsecond by smearing it
over ~15 minutes. All interesting, but getting both features to not
conflict and work together will be interesting. Submitted a example RFC
of how I'd like to see CLOCK_TAI implemented.
* Wrote up some blueprints for possible future Android related work
focusing on debugging
* Reported a compile bug w/ omap-usb-host.c caused by a not-so-recent
commit. The proper fix was merged shortly there after.
* Updated linaro-android-3.4 tree and made a few corrections at Andrey's
=== Plans ===
* Continue reworking volatile ranges to use fadvise.
* Will be on vacation from May 9th-16th.
=== Issues ===
More information about the linaro-kernel