Bootstrapping cross compiler status

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Wed Aug 4 16:48:11 BST 2010

Dnia piątek, 16 lipca 2010 o 16:59:46 Marcin Juszkiewicz napisał(a):
> As you probably know I am working on bootstrapping cross compiler. Process
> is described on https://wiki.linaro.org/CrossCompilers page.
>
> Current status is: nearly done.

I have 12 bugs to be merged but hope to solve it in next week.

If someone wants to bootstrap compiler then I have a new procedure.

1. You need to fetch few branches (select one gcc version):

lp:~hrw/binutils/pkg-ubuntu
lp:~hrw/eglibc/eglibc-2.12-pkg
http://github.com/hrw/debian-pkg-gcc-4.5
http://github.com/hrw/debian-pkg-gcc-4.4

2. Need patches for linux source package:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/60732/
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/52688720/0001-linux-add-support-for-building-
selected-stages-of-k.patch

3. Fetch current Ubuntu versions (select gcc-4.4 or gcc-4.5):

apt-get source -o APT::Get::Only-Source=1 linux gcc-4.4 eglibc binutils

4. Apply changes (from branches or patches for linux). This can be more time
   consuming.

5. Build "binary-indep" for each component to get -source binary packages.
6. Eglibc requires hack to get unpatched sources in -source package. Apply
   attached "eglibc-hack.patch" - should help.
7. Install all -source packages in your system. This will give their debian/
   directories which will be re-used during bootstrap.

8. "make all" with attached Makefile

No warranty that it will work for you as I could forget something. If
everything will go fine "build-rootfs" directory will contain cross compiler.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz