[ACTIVITY] December 26-30
ira.rosen at linaro.org
Thu Dec 30 13:04:13 UTC 2010
* continued with my attempts to vectorize Viterbi:
- finished implementation of conditional store sinking in cselim
pass (I did only limited testing).
- reconsidered the idea of safe load if-conversion if an adjacent
field of the same structure is accessed unconditionally - this may be
incorrect. Instead I tried the last, not yet committed, patch by
Sebastian Pop that implements if-conversion for such cases of not-safe
data accesses. His patch if-converts the loop in Viterbi, however, it
also makes the loop not vectorizable - additional work should be done
in the data-refs analysis and the vectorizer to make it work.
Sebastian is working on the first part, and I'll help him with the
vectorizer part if necessary.
* analyzed EEMBC DenBench, couldn't find any action items for now. But
vld/vst support of strided data accesses should be very useful for
* fixed GCC PR testsuite/47057
* looking into SLP of reduction as in PR 41881. I saw similar patterns
several times in DenBench, but I'm not sure that SLP of reduction is
enough to vectorize all of these cases.
Happy New Year,
More information about the linaro-toolchain