Standup meeting minutes 2010-07-16

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Fri Jul 16 10:35:30 BST 2010


Also available at
 https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/2010-07-16


= Friday 16th July 2010 =

== Attendees ==

 ||<rowbgcolor="#333333" rowstyle="color: white; font-weight:
bold;"style="text-align: center;">Name ||<style="text-align:
center;">Email ||<style="text-align: center;">IRC Nick ||
 || Loïc Minier || loic.minier at linaro.org || lool ||
 || Andrew Stubbs || andrew.stubbs at linaro.org || ams ||
 || Michael Hope || michael.hope at linaro.org || mhope ||
 || Ulrich Weigand || ulrich.weigand at linaro.org || uweigand ||
 || Yao Qi || yao.qi at linaro.org || yao ||
 || Marcin Juszkiewicz || marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org || hrw ||

== Agenda ==

 * Review action items from last meeting
 * Personal work plan for the sprint
 * Release status

== Action Items from this Meeting ==

  * ACTION: (everyone) note down what you plan to do so that others can find you
  * ACTION: Loic: announcement for linaro-announce, Andrew and MLH to
review before sending
  * ACTION: Andrew will create release via the Launchpad milestone page
  * ACTION: Ulrich to summarise and post so that Andrew can see if CSL
have already done this

== Action Items from Previous Meeting ==

 * (None)

== Minutes ==

 * What do do during the sprint
  * See https://wiki.linaro.org/Events/2010-07-PlatformSprint/ToolChainWG
  * Group discussion topics in the morning
  * Free to make own arrangements
  * ACTION: (everyone) note down what you plan to do so that others can find you
 * Release status
  * doko confirmed that the tarball was OK
  * Andrew: nothing known remaining for the release
  * ACTION: Loic: announcement for linaro-announce, Andrew and MLH to
review before sending
  * ACTION: Andrew will create release via the Launchpad milestone page
 * Andrew
  * nothing left to do except make things public
  * looking at FTBFS issues
  * looking at getting the CSL test suite running with Linaro
 * Michael
  * Still reading, making a list of questions for next week
 * Ulrich
  * looking into one of the ICE in reload.  Andrew also looking.
Ulrich will take over this bug
  * GDB build failures: noticed one significant root problem due to
prologue tracing
   * GDB understands ARM and Thumb, but not Thumb 2
   * Loic: plan for GDB Thumb 2 porting
   * ACTION: Ulrich to summarise and post so that Andrew can see if
CSL have already done this
    * Specifically gnu-linaro-tools at codesourcery.com +
linaro-toolchain at list.linaro.org + Pedro Alves + Dan Jacobowitz
   * Loic: Ubuntu has a set of detached debug symbols
(http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/) which will help as reduces need for
prologue parsing
 * Yao
  * merging internal CSL 4.4 patches into 4.5
  * looking into Ubuntu FTBFS, trying to reproduce
  * Loic: would like a list of done vs remaining to get idea for progress
  * Andrew: would prefer to do it in a weekly status report
 * Marcin
  * Working on the staging of the GCC build
  * now combining into a build from scratch
  * has stage 1 for most cases
 * Loic
  * looking at hard float
  * interesting case of performance vs specialisation
  * discussion with Andrew re: tracking changes upstream.  Will
discuss at sprint

-- Michael



More information about the linaro-toolchain mailing list