[ACTIVITY] report week 46
peter.maydell at linaro.org
Fri Nov 19 18:02:26 UTC 2010
| Planned | Estimate | Actual |
finish virtio-system | 2010-08-27 | postponed | |
get valgrind into linaro PPA | 2010-09-15 | 2010-09-28 | 2010-09-28 |
complete a qemu-maemo update | 2010-09-24 | 2010-09-22 | 2010-09-22 |
finish testing PCI patches | 2010-10-01 | 2010-10-22 | 2010-10-18 |
* Most of this week spent at the Meego conference in Dublin.
This seemed to be a rather apps-developer centric conf,
with not much of interest on the low-level side. There were
a few useful talks/conversations, though.
* Intel were giving away Atom-based netbooks to all attendees;
that's a lot of developers who are going to be testing and
optimising their apps for Atom devices rather than ARM...
* qemu: looked at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/668799 ;
we don't seem to be taking the right lock before we manipulate
the graph of translation blocks. I have a fix which stops the
reported segfault, but the code has a number of "XXX not thread
safe" and "FIXME: not SMP safe" comments and generally doesn't
seem to have a coherent locking design :-(
* qemu: sent some minor patches upstream:
+ enable iwmmxt coprocessors in user mode
+ remove some unused functions from target-arm and target-sparc
+ fix a failure to build bug in a makefile
* qemu: some review of a patch to fix semihosting SYS_GET_CMDLINE
- qemu consolidation
- post-toolchain-review, sort out some milestones for
Absences: (complete to end of 2010)
Thu/Fri 25-26 Nov; Fri 17 Dec - Tue 4 Jan inclusive.
(Dallas Linaro sprint 9-15 Jan.)
More information about the linaro-toolchain