[ACTIVITY] Weekly status
richard.sandiford at linaro.org
Fri Aug 12 15:33:28 UTC 2011
== This week ==
* Looked a bug report that the fix for LP #736007 had caused regressions
on powerpc-darwin. It turned out to be a target-specific bug; the
backend has the same const_vector code as i386 and spu, but the fix for
PR34856 was never applied there. I'll submit the patch (and backport to
Linaro 4.6) once the bug submitter has had a chance to test it.
* Experimented with -falign-loops. Found that it triggered a bug in the
ARM minipool layout code. Posted patch upstream and committed.
Backported to 4.6.
* Committed patch to allow globs in define_bypass.
* Updated auto inc/dec patch after comments from Bernd and Stephen.
I'm pretty happy with it now, but there are a couple of prerequisite
patches I need to sort out first.
* Started getting those prerequisites ready.
* Decided that we needed something a bit more subtle than my original
insn_rtx_cost patch: at the moment, we simply don't use rtx costs
for lvalues. Wrote a series of patches to "improve" the rtx_cost
interface, including providing the outer operand number and an
indication of whether the rtx is an lvalue or an rvalue.
* Upgraded my laptop. This turnted out to be more eventful than
anticipated, and ended up taking a whole day.
== Next week ==
* Post auto inc/dec preparatory patches for review. Hopefully post
an RFA for the pass itself.
More information about the linaro-toolchain