[ACTIVITY] Weekly status
richard.sandiford at linaro.org
Fri Mar 25 18:03:22 UTC 2011
== This week ==
* Moved the discussion about the RTL and gimple representation of
strided loads/stores to the gcc@ list. Got some good feedback:
* Started a subdiscussion about the handling of modes:
This is a tricky one. I'll add more fuel to the fire next week.
* Committed two GCC patches to clean up the expand interface.
Dealt with the fallout (some expected, but unfortunately some not).
* Submitted two of the patches to improve code generation for
strided load/store intrinsics:
* Spent a lot of the week reworking the way the load/store intrinsics
are handled, to fix both correctness and performance bugs. The new
rtl patterns should have the right form for the vectoriser.
Made what feels like good progress, but it's not complete yet.
* Sent separate R_ARM_IRELATIVE patch to glibc, after feedback from
* Booked flight and hotel for Budapest summit.
* Pinged unreviewed patches.
== Next week ==
* More intrinsics improvements. I think these are necessary to get good
code out of the vectoriser too.
More information about the linaro-toolchain