david.gilbert at linaro.org
Fri Nov 18 18:38:39 UTC 2011
== 64 bit atomics ==
* Still fighting membase
* Cleaned up a bunch of other issues, but I'm back at an 'expiry'
issue, where the test
stores some data with a fixed expiry time and then waits until after
it should have expired,
and checks it has. Except on ARM it sometimes doesn't expire quickly
enough. I've got
enough debug now to see that the server processes view of time (which
it updates via
an event about every second) is sometimes very behind gettimeofday()'s
view of time - and
have a small test for it. This doesn't seem to happen on x86. The
good part is that it's now
a much smaller test, the bad part is that it fails rarely - somewhere
between 1/1000 and 1/100
depending on its mood.
* Looked at a few other things to see if they might use 64 bit atomics:
- spice's (as in the VNC like protocol) FAQ said it needed 64bit
atomics and didn't work
on 32bit machines due to that; but the source appears to have been
fixed for 32bit.
- Looked at boost lock-free; it does have an implementation using
gcc's __sync primitives,
however for ARM it uses a hand coded set of primitives, those are
missing the 64 bit implementation,
but the contributor of the ARM code said that the boost lock-free
not to use the gcc primtives.
== Other ==
* Testing latest libffi rc
- Had most of my varargs for hf fix in (had missed one part of a test)
* 1 day of non-linaro work
I'm on holiday next week.
More information about the linaro-toolchain