[Activity] Week ending 18th November 2011
ramana.radhakrishnan at linaro.org
Mon Nov 21 13:25:59 UTC 2011
RED : None
AMBER: Worried about trunk failures with test runs. Number of
testsuite failures after the atomics merge has increased - more below.
Task Planned Estimated Actual
preparation 28/10/2011 28/10/2011
Fully Investigate the O3
Writeup on the optimizations 31/12/2011
enabled with PGO
* Debugged the LTO failures for some time this week - not much progress.
* The bootstrap failure with trunk turned out to be the same problem
as with the CFG not being updated properly with some of the
shrink-wrap patches from Alan M . This was fixed on trunk later on
* Tested atomics fixes but the test results are overall looking ugly .
Need to do some more debugging. Discovered GDB was broken for single
stepping in ARM atomic sequences - Filed bug report
* Looked into the vmul / vmla issue for a bit - did some experiments.
Need to write these up and follow up .
=== Plans ===
* Commit the vcvt fixed point patch.
* Finish experiments with the vmla stuff and find out more about this.
* Finish debugging the LTO failures with PGO bootstrap.
* Some research into the O3 perf issues.
* Dec 19 - 31st Dec - Tentatively booked
More information about the linaro-toolchain