[ACTIVITY] w47

Asa Sandahl asa.sandahl at linaro.org
Thu Nov 24 10:12:14 UTC 2011

Hi!
* Ran eembc, coremark, denbench and spec2k on the ursas with the latest of
the Linaro and FSF series. The variants used were o3-neon and
o3-neon-novect.
  I first got a c++ related build error when using 4.4.x compilers, the was
error caused by symbol versioning.  Michael's explanation: "We want to use
the gcc-4.4.5 libstdc++ when building and running. However, when running
c++ itself, it links in /usr/lib/libppl_c.so, which was built with the host
4.5 compiler, which needs the 4.5 libstdc++!"
The work around is to remove the LD_LIBRARY_PATH from build.mk (the
gcc-%/benchmarks.stamp target) and run the C only tests.

* Continued documentation of running benchmarks:
https://wiki.linaro.org/AsaSandahl/Sandbox/RunningBenchmark. Tips of more
efficient ways of doing things are always welcome.

* Collected the results for SPEC2K runs with "train" and "ref" data sets. I
did -o2 and -o3 runs on a panda with the two data sets. The results for -o2
and -o3 looks almost the same though. I will double check the  "*build.txt"
files from the benchmark runs, and if needed do a complementary run.

Best regards
Åsa