[ACTIVITY] weekly status

Ken Werner ken.werner at linaro.org
Fri Oct 21 18:12:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I made some progress on transforming the hacks I did to get libunwind
working on Android into proper patches that can go upstream. Things learned:
  * bionic employs OpenBSD header files that therefore lack some GNU and
ARM specific defines (only small fix needed - plan is to change
libunwind to work with non-patched bionic too)
  * Android basically provides all the functionality that is required
for libunwind-ptrace - but...
  * no one seems to build libunwind with remote unwind functionality
(including libunwind-ptrace) only
  * most of the issues can be avoided by changing libunwind to be more
portable

Regards
Ken