zhenqiang.chen at linaro.org
Mon Oct 24 01:09:43 UTC 2011
* Exercise crosstool-ng and summarize the gaps.
* Exercise crosstool-ng
(1) Sync with lp:~linaro-toolchain-dev/crosstool-ng/linaro.
(2) Try to config linux-host-baremental-target an
(3) Try to build the toolchain for both embedded toolchain and
linaro-gcc-4.6-2011.10 with the config.
. C compiler for linux and mingw32 hosts and c++ compiler for
linux host can be built without any change.
. C++ compiler for mingw32 host can be built after PCH is disabled.
. GDB-cross build fail due to dependence packages.
* Gaps in crosstool-ng
(1) Improve GDB-cross scripts to download and build the dependence
packages: expat and ncurses. Or put expat and ncurses as
(2) To remove dependence, embedded toolchain requires more
prerequisites like zlib.
New config and scripts are required to support the packages.
(3) Currently, the embedded toolchain source packages are released
as a tarball, which includes gcc, gmp, etc. New scripts are required
to support it.
(4) To make sure the toolchain can run with lower version glibc like
redhat4/5, the embedded toolchain requires lower version native
gcc4.3.6 to build it.
To support it,
. Users can build the native gcc manually, or
. Enhance the scripts to add one step to build native gcc.
(5) All the default package configurations are different from
embedded toolchain internal build scripts.
Since the configurations in embedded toolchain had been tuned
and tested, we will change the configurations in crosstool-ng if they
do not match and not configurable.
The same rule will apply for linaro toolchain.
* Write scripts to re-pack the embedded toolchain source packages.
* Add the supports for all prerequisites in crosstool-ng menuconfig.
More information about the linaro-toolchain