david.gilbert at linaro.org
Fri Oct 28 18:11:15 UTC 2011
== 64 bit atomics ==
* I've been building and testing membase
* Version 220.127.116.11 source builds OK (after turning off -Werror due to
some of their curious type naming)
* The git version fails to build - it doesn't seem consistent
* 18.104.22.168 passes simple tests, but there are 3 tests in its test
suite that intermittently fail on ARM and
seem to be solid on x86. (There are also some that just require
timeouts increased due to the
relatively slow machine).
* t/issue_163.t turned out to be a timing race in the test itself,
made worse by being on a relatively slow
machine and probably made worse by the Pandas odd idea of timing.
That was reported to them with
a break down of it, and upstream has fixed their test. (
* t/issue_67.t is proving tougher; once in a while memcached will
lock up during init in thread_init;
there is one particular point where adding a printf will make it work
apparently reliably. I've got one
or two ideas but I need to check my understanding of pthread_cond_wait first.
* There is an assert I've seen triggered once - not looked at that yet.
== String routines ==
* While I was off last week, my memchr and strlen were accepted into newlib
* Joseph has responded to my eglibc mail, with a couple of small queries.
== Other ==
* Wrote a more detailed test case for bug 873453 (odd timing
behaviour on panda); it's
quite odd - I can get > ~80ms timing discrepency so it's not a clock
* Replicated a QEMU crash for Peter.
More information about the linaro-toolchain