[ACTIVITY] Weekly status
richard.sandiford at linaro.org
Fri Sep 2 15:41:53 UTC 2011
== This week ==
* Looked at the get_arm_condition_code ICE. Seems to be a popular bug:
was reported as #589887 #823708 and #809761 in Lauchpad and as PR49030
in bugzilla. Sent a patch upstream.
* Submitted SMS register-dependency patch upstream.
* Reviewed Bernd's new shrink-wrap patch.
* Tried to clean up my microbenchmarks. Found that preloading the caches
at the start of the benchmark fixed the variations I was seeing on a
Beagleboard. (As Dave says, it seems that there's no allocation
on write.) Added code to check the results of each loop. Packaged
it up and pushed into bzr.
* An IBM colleague kindly tried my -fsched-pressure patch/hack
on s390. Although it performed the best of the three runs
(trunk, -fsched-pressure, patch+-fsched-pressure), there were
some disappointing outliers. -fsched-pressure still introduces a 7%
regression in one test (down from a 14% regression without the patch).
Another test benefited from -fsched-pressure without my patch but
regressed with it.
== Next week ==
* Look more at SMS.
* Look more at the sched-pressure thing (if I get time).
More information about the linaro-toolchain