[ACTIVITY] Week 03
zhenqiang.chen at linaro.org
Fri Jan 20 09:56:59 UTC 2012
* Enhance crosstool-ng build process.
1. Linaro crosstool-ng patches:
* Update and commit the patch to strip debug sections.
* rm *-cc.exe symblink for win32.
* enable gdb for win32 (lp:918479)
* Update README to add flip dependence for build.
2. Verify the following bugs and change status to "Fix Committed"
* lp:906729 baremetal libc headers and libraries are in inconsistent places
* lP:906077 binaries: baremetal include files are in the wrong place
* lP:894527 binaries: remove all symlinks from the Windows build
* lp:889984 binaries: should step across helper functions
* lp:906662 binaries: pgversion can get out of sync with product
3. Analyzed bugs
* lp:915137 Link failure due to absolute paths: Need more
information to reproduce.
* lp:p18478 wind32 doesn't have pkg-config: Try to build pkg-config
for mingw32 host. But failed since it required preinstalled glib2. And
configure error if cross building the glib.
* lp:894528 binaries: can't run if the patch contains whitespace.
Can not reproduce it on cygwin, but still have issue in DOS cmdline
4. Verify the prerelease binary package on windows. And find and
workaround a gdb document name issue since filename on windows is case
5. Raise the gcc trunk build fail issue to crosstool-ng mail-list. But
not confirm "-EL" is the final root cause. Need more investigation.
* Jan 21-29, 2012 Chinese Spring Festival
More information about the linaro-toolchain