[ACTIVITY] weekly status

Ken Werner ken.werner at linaro.org
Fri Jan 20 18:24:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

* hacked the external toolchain recipe to use the latest version of the
binary toolchain
   this kind of reverts the multiarch changes since oe doesn't support
it yet
* built the minimal, sato and qt images for armv7-a
   in three different flavors (-O2, -O3 -fno-tree-vectorize, -O3)
   using gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabi-2012.01-20120112+bzr2318~linux
   see: http://people.linaro.org/~kwerner/oe-core/
* encountered that binutils 2.22 (the gas) fails to build with -O3
   due to a warning about an unitialized variable
   I'm not convinced this is a real bug, I'll look at it as time permits
   workaround: --disable-werror
* all nine of them (the images) are booting within qemu using
vexpress_defconfig!
   There is one glitche with the mouse pointer:
    it doesn't match to the one of the SDL/VNC window as
    the guest pointer sometime accelerates faster that the host pointer
   I can hardly imagine this is due to miscompiled code
* Extracted size informations about the generated ELF files:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmsCLxCMnnISdDNQSEM2ZHIxd3dVNjZBU1JkdUxNSGc

Regards,
Ken